DEKALB COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Program Offerings Second Semester 2016-2017
(You will need a bus for these programs)
HOW TO MAKE BEST USE OF FERNBANK SCIENCE CENTER PROGRAMS
The programs listed in this brochure are designed to supplement instruction you have planned for your classroom. We encourage you to include them in your daily lesson plans.
Preparing for the program:
1. Review the program description carefully. Each program description includes standards for the program which are aligned to the GPS. The program description also includes the appropriate vocabulary for the lesson and some suggested pre-visit activities.
2. If your school requires permission slips, make sure these have been properly submitted.
3. If your program is outdoors, remind students the day before the program to dress appropriately.
After the program:
1. Most programs include follow-up activities that you can incorporate into your lesson plans.
2. We may give or send you a form to evaluate the program. We appreciate your taking time to do this.